You are welcome to the most exciting forum of the internet, Giftedminds Internet Forum (Voice of the street). Voice of the street has been a popular saying in Nigeria after a Nigerian music star, Olamide “Baddo” brought the phrase into his song. Either way, the purpose of this forum is to provide a platform for all voice to be heard.
Voice of the street is a website that provides an online exchange of information between people about a particular topic. It provides a venue for questions and answers and may be monitored to keep the content appropriate. Also called a “discussion board” or “discussion group,” but uses the Web browser for access. Our internet forums include all the extras people expect from the Web, including images, videos, downloads and links.
HOW THIS WORKS
In this forum, a user creates a post. This post can be accessed by other users at any time. Posts can contain questions, opinions, images, videos, links, and more. Users can respond to the post, which creates a dialogue other users can participate in, also called a thread. They can start a new thread of conversation by creating a post on a different topic. All of these threads combine to make what’s called a message board.
In this forum, you can choose to be anonymous, or they can register to have full access to all the functions available. Typically, a comment made by a registered member holds more influence than an anonymous user. Registration is free, but requires a valid email address. You also get to create a username and password, and you can add a small picture (called an avatar) to be displayed next to your comments and posts. You also have to agree to follow certain rules laid out by the forum’s administrators, and each forum can be different.
Basic netiquette includes these 10 rules:
- Read the forum’s rules before posting for the first time.
- When commenting, stay on topic or start a new thread.
- Do not use an Internet forum simply to promote your own business or products.
- Be respectful of others.
- Use correct spelling and grammar; avoid slang and profanity. (However, we encourage jargon, terms and abbreviations.)
- Report abuse to an administrator or moderator, and don’t respond to abusive comments.
- Do not post personal information that could be used to impersonate or endanger you or your loved ones.
- Do not use ALL CAPS in a post, as it is interpreted as shouting.
- Do not use a public thread to conduct a private conversation.
- Do not start a new post on a subject that’s already been covered.
Now that you are set to own your space, get your voice out to the world and make your self known to a large community of friendly people. There are no age restriction but you must definitely be matured enough to handle a phone or a computing device.
Enjoy your quest for answers. Follow this link ALL FORUM or better still, look to your hand side there is an alphabetic list of forums, click on any one of your choice and let the fun begin.