11. If you wake up in the morning not looking forward to your day, something’s wrong. Find out what that is. Fix it, fast.
12. Return client calls and emails promptly. If possible, the same day.
13. When you take a day off, really take it off. No work. No emails. No business reading.
14. Earn a Ph.D. in your client’s business. Learn all about what they do, what they sell, who their ideal customers are — and how you can help. You’ll need this to accomplish #15 …
15. Become a linchpin in your client’s business. Be “that guy” or “that gal” who’s indispensable to them. (For a great definition of this, read Seth Godin’s Linchpin.)